Want to build a website? This article may help you to clear all your confusion regarding building a website.
Knowledge is the key to existence. Everything in life will require you to have some amount of knowledge about how to get going. Building a website is no different. It is almost equivalent to starting a business. You need to have a definite plan to get going. Although many of us attempt to start off directly without having any plan whatsoever. This can affect your website in a negative way.
You do not want that? Do you?
Things To Know When Building A New Website:
For your benefit, this mate of yours has performed detailed research on the above topic and has been successful in coming up with the accurate and meticulous guidance. This guidance is sure to assist you with getting your site started. When building a website, there are two easy options that people usually opt for, namely, a website builder or a WordPress. Although tech rookies can opt for further easier options, namely, GoDaddy, Wix, or Squarespace.
Here’s providing you with your five-step guide on how to build your own website and the necessary things that you need to know.
1. Choosing The Right Website Builder:
This is one of the primary as well as the most important steps when building your own website. As mentioned before, there are some really popular website builders available, but if you are new to this arena, it becomes extremely important to choose the right website builder.
There are different website builders available to suit different website needs. Their job is to make the process of website building as lucid as possible.
All you have to do is see which one matches up with your needs. Once you have crossed this challenge, your job is done. Here’s providing you with some of the popular website builders that you need to know.
- Ruling the market with over 100 million subscribers, Wix is one of the most popular website-building options. It is one of the easiest platforms to avail.
- Next in line comes Shopify, having over 1.2 million subscribers.
- Well, if creativity is your priority, then you have to explore Squarespace.
- Another available option would be Weebly.
- Is time an issue for you? GoDaddy is your ultimate saviour.
- WordPress would be an ideal platform for creating a website for blogging.
- Shopify, on the other hand, will lead you to e-commerce.
2. Signing Up For The Plan That Suits Your Budget And Plan
Along with choosing the right website builder, it is also important to select the feasible plan for you. If you are a rookie, then budget will be one of your concerns while choosing a website builder. Just catering to the requirements of your business won’t be of any help to you. Although different website builders will have different plans, they usually range from $4- $40 on a monthly basis.
You can even opt for a free plan or rely on the cheapest of the plans. Here are some of the notable website builders and their subscription plans;
- Wix has got eight price plans in total, including a free plan, which makes it easy to access. They may range from $16 – $500 on a monthly basis. Availing of the $16 combo plan is the cheapest, whereas the $22 unlimited plan will be ideal for freelancers.
- Squarespace comes next in line with their 14-day free trial plan along with four other plans, ranging from $16- $49 on a monthly basis.
- Godaddy has a one-month free trial plan along with several other plans starting from $6.99 on a monthly basis.
3. Choosing A Relevant Domain Name:
Another important area to focus on when creating a website. A perfect name will always do the trick. It is your website’s unique address. Having a domain name will make your job easier since you just have to add it to the platform, and your job is done. A domain name is your site’s identity on the internet. A few things need to be kept in mind when choosing a domain name :
- It should be relevant. For instance, your domain name should match the content of your website.
- Make it short and attractive, as it will gain more popularity. Come on, would you read or even recall a long monotonous domain name?
- Avoiding numbers in your domain name.
- Check how common your domain name is. It should not clash with another domain name because there are chances that your website won’t do well on the internet.
4. Picking A Design Template Of Your Choice:
Now, let us explore the fun part of website building. Yes, the design template. Here, you get to decide on which design template to work on. Design your website with an interesting look that will attract users.
Website builders provide you with an extensive set of design templates based on your category and needs to make your process of choosing easier. However, You can always improvise as per your requirements.
5. Upload And Format The Content That You Are Making:
Once you are done with the process of choosing the design template, you will have to now start adding content, which includes videos, pictures, and text. Always go with a conversational tone. It will help you to engage your readers better.
Research the contents of your competitors, well. This will give you an idea about their content. You might also get ideas for your content, as well. Never underestimate the power of good research. Be very generous with your use of visuals.
We have now reached towards the end. As I always say, keep your needs primary to any suggestion that you receive. You understand better what is good. Although I can guarantee you that the aforementioned manual will be of great help if you’re new to this entire thing. It will help you start.
How to start?
Can be a huge area of concern, when you are a novice in a particular field. In times like these manuals come in handy. After all, who doesn’t mind a guide when embarking on a journey?